Pacific College of Health and Sciences Help Center
Quiz Short Answer Questions
How to create short answer questions
Create a Question
- See the Moodle documentation on building a quiz.
- Select short answer for the question type to add.
Adding Short Answers
When creating a short answer question, you can specify multiple correct answers or use a wildcard.
In this example, every answer that starts Tracy J will be given 0 points, since Grade is set to None.
- If the student answer meets the criteria (e.g. Tracy Jones), the student gets the question wrong.
- Else, the second answer is compared.
- If the criteria is met on the second answer (e.g. Tracy Robbins), then the student gets 100% on the question, since Grade is set to 100%.
- Else, there is no other answer to compare and the student gets it wrong.
Test the Answers
- To test, scroll down to the bottom of the question and click Preview.
- Fill in the answer and click Submit and finish.
- You can see that Tracy Jones is wrong.
- Click Start again.
- This time we put Tracy Robbins as our answer.
This is correct, since it does not meet the first criteria and meets the second criteria.