Pacific College of Health and Sciences Help Center
Add and Edit Quiz Settings
March 30th, 2020
These are the settings that you will need to know when creating or editing a quiz. Example images can be found at the bottom of the article.
Note: Many of these will already be selected by default.
Add a Quiz
Go to the week you want to add the Quiz to in the Table of Contents
Click Create Learning Activity
- Open Quiz: Enabled - Set the Start Date/Time for the Quiz
- Close Quiz: Enabled - Set the Ending Date/Time for the Quiz
- Time limit: Enabled * - Set the time limit students have to complete the Quiz
- When time expires: Open attempts are submitted automatically
- Submission grace period: 0
- Shuffle within questions:
- Yes - Sets it so that answers in multiple-choice questions aren't always in the same order each time a student attempts the Quiz
- No - Important for answers that need to stay in order (e.g. All of the above)
- How questions behave: Deferred Feedback
Leave defaults as is (important not to change)
- If a student cannot see the quiz after taking it in Moodle make sure the Marks box is checked off under After the quiz is closed.
Extra Restrictions on Attempts
- Use password for proctored exams
Example Quiz Settings