These are the settings that you will need to know when creating or editing a quiz.
Add a Quiz
Go to the week you want to add the Quiz to in the Table of Contents
Click Create Learning Activity
- Open the Quiz: Enabled - Set the Start Date/Time for the Quiz
- Close the Quiz: Enabled - Set the Ending Date/Time for the Quiz
- Time limit: Enabled * - Set the time limit students have to complete the Quiz
- When time expires: Open attempts are submitted automatically
- Submission grace period: 0
- Grade category: It controls the category used in the gradebook setup.
- Grade to pass: It determines the minimum grade required to pass the quiz.
- Attempts allowed: It determines the number of attempts allowed for each student.
The default settings for Grade to pass and Attempts Allowed are shown below.
- New Page: It controls the number of questions shown by page.
- Navigation method:
- Free: Students can return to previous questions and skip ahead.
- Sequential: Students can not return to previous questions (even if they are not answered), nor skip ahead.
- Shuffle within questions:
- Yes - Sets it so that answers in multiple-choice questions aren't always in the same order each time a student attempts the Quiz
- No - Important for answers that need to stay in order (e.g. All of the above)
- How questions behave: Deferred Feedback
The following options can be set up based on the opening and closing time of the quiz.
- Will show how the student responded to each question.
- Displays whether the students' response to each question is correct or incorrect.
- Reveals the marks awarded to the student and the grade for the quiz.
- This option will show the student the feedback for the answer selected. This can be set up when the quiz is being created and can be added to all answers available if desired.
- This option will show the student the feedback for the question answered. This can be set up when the quiz is being created, and it is usually used to provide the students with background information about the knowledge being tested.
- Reveals the correct answer to each question, whether the student answered correctly or not
- This option will show the student the feedback for the quiz and display it when the quiz is finished. This can be set up when the quiz is being created.
- Leave defaults as is
Extra Restrictions on Attempts
- Use password for proctored exams