Pacific College of Health and Sciences Help Center
How To Take Attendance in the Faculty Portal
September 27th, 2019
1. Once you have arrived at portal.pacificcollege.edu, please click on the link labeled “Faculty Portal Homepage”
2. Once you have clicked “Faculty Portal Homepage,” you will be prompted to enter a username and password. Use your same credentials you use for every other system, but leave the domain (@pacificcolleg.edu) off. For example, use jdoe instead of [email protected]
3. Once logged into the portal successfully, there are two ways to access your roster in order to update attendance.
- The classes you are scheduled to teach will be listed by course number in a section located at the bottom of the webpage. You can click on the course code to access the roster.
- The other method is to click on the “My Classes” tab located on the left hand side of the web page. Clicking on “My Classes” will open a sub-menu. Please click on “Post Attendance” to access the rosters.
4. After you have clicked “Post Attendance,” a list of your courses will populate. Please click on the correct term using the drop down box and then the course in which attendance will be recorded.
5. Once one of the two methods to access the rosters are used, you will be presented with a color coded calendar. Each color defines an attendance status. For example, a green date signifies attendance has successfully been posted. Please click on the date in order to post attendance.
6. Once you have clicked the date, your roster will populate.
Please note, you can edit past class attendance by clicking on a previous date.
In order to record new attendance, please click on the green “Edit” button in the lower right corner. You may need to scroll to the bottom of the page.
If you do not have a laptop with you during your classes session, you can also print out a paper roster by clicking “Print Roster” link in the lower left corner (highlighted in yellow on next screen)
7. Once the green “Edit” button is clicked, drop down boxes will appear next to each name. Please select either “Present” or “Absent.”
We will not be using “Excused” as an option. Please refrain from selecting.If the student is late, please mark
If the student as “Present” and type in Late in the comment section.
You can also use the comment section for other information you’d like to convey to the registrar’s office i.e. 15 min late, left early, or comments for your own use as a faculty member.
Once finished, please click the green “Update” button.
There may be multiple pages of attendance depending on the size of the class. Before you move to the next page, you must hit the update button on each page separately. If you want all the names to display on one page, please click the drop down menu labeled “Show” and set it to the maximum number.